- [Instructor] Sometimes a story can only be told…with moving parts.…Have you seen Hans Rosling's famous TED Talk,…The Best Stats You've Ever Seen?…This is block created by Mike Bostock…to mimic what was in that presentation.…Imagine his scatter plot without animation.…Even with multiple static images, one after the other,…it wouldn't work nearly so well.…Our brains like smooth movement.…I think it can help us to understand…what's going on in a complex graphic.…There's a number of types…of interactivity covered in this chapter.…
Not all of them involve animation.…Some are simple responses to user action.…They hover, and something changes color.…They click, and something happens.…Some of the ways of adding interactivity…aren't specific to D3, including the first one,…making our graphics responsive.…
- Making a simple bar chart with D3
- Understanding SVG graphics
- Drawing basic shapes
- Adding text
- Using generators and the path element
- Creating a scale and axes
- Importing data into D3
- Creating trees and Voronoi tessellations
- Preparing your data for advanced graphics
- Adding interactivity and transitions
- Choosing the right graphic
- Finding D3.js plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Making a Simple Bar Chart with D3
3. Basic Shapes, Courtesy of SVG
4. Advanced Shapes, with D3 and Path
5. Scales and Axes
6. Importing Data into D3
7. Additional Graphics with D3 Layout
8. Preparing Your Data for Advanced Graphics
10. Picking the Right Graphic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.