This video covers where to find plug-ins like hexbin.
- [Instructor] One type of text data we've seen a lot of…in this course is hierarchical data.…D3 is great at visualizing hierarchy.…A lot of operational data is hierarchical:…staff structures, processes, systems and files.…It's a type of data that's often implicit,…but D3 gives us ways of making it explicit.…And as normal, we have flat or radial options in D3.…If you have size or value data associated with your…hierarchy, you might want to use a partition layout.…In a flat partition layout, the size of the rectangle…represents a value.…
You read this diagram from left to right,…so on the left-hand side of the parent items.…And as you read horizontally across, you see child items…and then grandchildren and so on.…It's really easy to add text with a partition layout.…For me personally I find that this layout doesn't work well,…but the related sunburst diagram can work very well.…A sunburst diagram is a circular partition layout,…where the parent items are in the center, and children…are placed in ever further arcs away from the center.…
- Making a simple bar chart with D3
- Understanding SVG graphics
- Drawing basic shapes
- Adding text
- Using generators and the path element
- Creating a scale and axes
- Importing data into D3
- Creating trees and Voronoi tessellations
- Preparing your data for advanced graphics
- Adding interactivity and transitions
- Choosing the right graphic
- Finding D3.js plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization for Data Analystswith Bill Shander1h 31m Beginner
2. Making a Simple Bar Chart with D3
3. Basic Shapes, Courtesy of SVG
4. Advanced Shapes, with D3 and Path
5. Scales and Axes
6. Importing Data into D3
7. Additional Graphics with D3 Layout
8. Preparing Your Data for Advanced Graphics
10. Picking the Right Graphic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.