Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video The big picture, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- Before we jump into the nuts and bolts of BDD, … how about we review … what we are going to build in this course … and discuss a few key components of Cucumber. … Just like most Agile approaches, … we will implement our Java-based Cucumber solution … in two iterations. … In the first iteration, we will author … what is known as a feature file … We will take a look at a feature file, … a step definition file, … and a test runner file. … We will take a look at other key Cucumber constructs … such as parameterization of test cases … with regular expressions … and understand Cucumber tags, hooks, and background. … In the second iteration, … we will build a slightly more practical scenario example … and review a few more advanced features of Cucumber … such as scenario outline and parameter transformation. … We will also review web browser test automation … with the help of a tool called Selenium. … Finally, we will review SpecFlow … in Microsoft Visual Studio with a .NET example. … This is just to bring forth the point …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.