Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video Use old Cucumber version, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Let's go ahead and change our dependencies … to use a very old version of Cucumber. … And we'll go ahead and maximize this … and for the dependency I'll just go ahead … and paste very old version here. … And let's minimize this again … and run our test. … Note what happened. … We got an initialization error. … And the reason why that initialization error occurred … is because the Cucumber version found a problem with string. … Let's go ahead and change our step definitions … and let's just command out this method. … This is the reason why we are getting this error, … because it's finding a string phrase here … which is Cucumber expression which that old version … of Cucumber does not understand, … so I'll just go ahead and command this out. … Cool. … This is commanded. … Now let's try and run our test case again. … Note what happened. … This time Cucumber is telling us that … I have a missing method implementation … and this is the regular expression … that Cucumber generated for us. …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.