Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video Update item name attribute, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead … and add a regular expression … for the menuItemName. … The first thing I'm going to do … is apply a capture group. … Now, the capture group that we have here … needs to capture data from our feature file … scenario step, which is here. … Now this item is in double quotes, … so I want to leave out the double quotes … and capture what is inside these double quotes. … So let's go back here … and I want to put double quotes here … and as you can see, … Java is not going to like that … because that's something used to limit string in Java. … So I'm going to just apply a back slash here … to escape that character. … That's good. … The next step is to define what set of characters … will be used here. … So let's define those. … I'm going to mention something … that cucumber or, I should say, an older version of cucumber … will generate for you. … What it's going to generate is a carat, back slash, … and one of the double quote signs. … And it's going to put an asterisk here. …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.