Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video Step definitions: Next scenario step, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So we are missing … a RestaurantMenuItem class. … Let's go ahead and add that. … New, Class, … and I'm going to call it RestaurantMenuItem. … Let's add three attributes to this class. … ItemName, … Description, … and … Price. … And let's create getters and setters … for these three attributes. … Let's pick … Description, … and Price, … and for ItemName I'm not putting a setter … because once you create an item with ItemName … you cannot change it later. … So, I have my getters and setters set, … and I need a constructor for this class, … and this constructor will take all these three items. … The details of this class's implementation is not important, … but what's important is that your implementation … is driven by step definitions, … which is driven by your feature file, … so we are doing test-first development. … Now if I see this, I should be able to fix this, … and my first step is implemented. … Now this new menu item is not used anywhere else. … I'm just going to ignore that for the time being, …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.