Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video Step definitions: Generate code, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- The next step is to create step definitions. … So this is how our feature file looks like. … Let's first examine why the steps in our … feature file are high lighted. … If I hover my mouse pointer to one of these … exclamation marks, it tells me that I have a step … that does not have matching glue code. … That means it does not have a matching step definition. … So let's go ahead and implement a step definition. … I'll go ahead and create a package here, … and call my package "step definitions". … Click "finish", and I have my package here. … A step definition file is nothing more than just … a plain and simple Java class. … So let's go ahead and create one. … And I'll call it "menu management steps". … Click finish. … From our previous step, I already have … the implementations of the three methods here. … So I'll just go ahead and copy the three methods, … and paste those here. … I need to import a few packet names here. … Let me go ahead and do that. … And, my step definitions file is done. …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.