Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video Scenario outline: Add scenario outline, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Scenario Outline. … Worksheets are powerful tools … to do data-driven testing. … Each test scenario could be documented … as a row in a worksheet. … You could have multiple input values … as shown in the spreadsheet. … Output or outputs can be listed … and compared with the expected outputs … to mark a test case as passed or failed. … Wouldn't it be nice to have a structure similar … to this table in Cucumber? … There is already a Cucumber construct … that works similarly. … It's called Scenario Outline. … Here is an example of a Scenario Outline. … As you can see, syntactically this is very similar … to a scenario that we are already familiar with. … It is driven by a table specified … with the keyword, examples. … Different rows in this table … are run one by one to execute different test scenarios. … Let's see Scenario Outline in action. … I'll go ahead and define a new feature file … and I'm going to call … this feature file ScenarioOutlineExamples. … I'll go ahead and delete all the text …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.