Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video Regular expressions basics, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you have worked with one … of the older versions of Cucumber, you are probably … wondering what happened to regular expressions. … No worries, regular expressions are still supported … by Cucumber, it just happens that the version … of Cucumber that I'm using generates Cucumber Expressions. … Cucumber expressions were introduced in 2017. … Cucumber for Java started supporting Cucumber expressions … a little later, Cucumber and regular expressions … can both be used with any of the modern Cucumber editions. … Step definitions, though, are only going to be generated … with Cucumber expressions, with one of these … newer editions of Cucumber, but if you wanted … to change those Cucumber expressions to regular expressions, … you could do that. … In fact, you can mix Cucumber expressions … and regular expressions in the same step definitions file. … You cannot mix Cucumber and regular expressions … in the same step definition method. … If you have worked with regular expressions, you know that …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.