Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video Invoke a page: Extract values, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So now that we have … all the dependencies installed or copied, … let's go ahead and write some web browser automation code. … Let's go ahead and add the code … to our Scenario Outline steps. … I'm going to add a private method … that will do browser automation. … This will be a private method, … and it will be called invokeWebPage. … The first thing we need to do … is set our system property … to specify the path of the Chrome driver. … So I'm going to add here … System.set Property, and in the key, … I'll provide webdriver.chrome.driver. … In the value, I need to provide the path … where I copied Chrome driver. … So this is going to be C ChromeDriver … chromedriver.exe. … The next thing we need to do … is extract values from our web page. … So let's step to our web page … and inspect its elements. … This is my web page. … I will go ahead and click on this Bill Amount, … right-click Inspect, and I can see … that the ID of this text box is billamount. … I'll do the same thing for the Tax Rate, …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.