Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video Cucumber hooks: Tagged hooks, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let me go ahead … and show you another concept called Tagged Hooks. … So what if you wanted this Hooks class and its methods … to run before a small subset of your scenarios? … You could apply a tag here. … So for example, I am going to put here at SmokeTest, … and do the same thing here, at SmokeTest. … Let me go ahead and run this test. … And when I look at the output here, … it seems like the Constructor called method … and others are running fine. … But the before and after, … just ran for the add a menu item scenario. … So, let me go back and show you feature file … and SmokeTest tag is applicable only to the first scenario … add a menu item. … So this was expected behavior. … So this is our restaurant system Hooks or Hooks class. … So a common question that arises, … is which one should I use, Background or Hooks? … In most cases, Background is useful … only if a non programmer stakeholder needs to see something. … Keep in mind that Background is defined inside … your feature file, which is seen by all programmer …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.