Join Shashi Shekhar for an in-depth discussion in this video Background: Add background, part of Cucumber Essential Training.
- [Instructor] What is Cucumber Background? … Essentially, Background is something you add … to a feature file, … and it's syntactically very similar to a Scenario. … The Background steps run before each Scenario … in a feature file. … Another important aspect of Background … is that it is visible to all stakeholders, … because it's part of your Gherkin feature file. … I have removed all tag-based filtering … from my test runner. … This is my feature file … with the three Scenarios from before. … What I am going to do is add a Background … to this feature file. … Background is syntactically so similar, … I could just copy the Scenario and paste it here. … Let's change Scenario to Background, … and we have our first Background defined. … As you can see, this Background has three steps. … Each of these Scenarios also have three steps. … So, if this Background were to run before each Scenario, … we would have the three steps from the Background, … and three steps from each Scenario, run three times. …
- How Cucumber can be used for BDD, TDD, and ATDD
- Installing and configuring Cucumber
- Mapping user stories to features
- Adding hooks
- Generating reports
- Adding a data table
- Adding Selenium dependencies
- Applying techniques to make BDD maintainable
Skill Level Intermediate
Robot Framework Test Automation: Level 1 (Selenium)with Bryan Lamb6h 23m Intermediate
1. Behavior-Driven Development
2. Cucumber Workflow
3. Regular Expressions Match
4. Additional Cucumber Concepts
5. Data Table and Scenario Outline
6. Cucumber Advance Features
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.