Get up and running with the essential features in Cubase Pro 8, the venerable DAW that produces cutting-edge sounds.
- [Voiceover] Hello there. My name is Mark Struthers. Welcome to this Up and Running course covering Steinberg's digital audio workstation, Cubase 8. I'm going to show you around all the essential features you'll need to begin using Cubase. We'll look at templates to start off with, organizing the project window, integrating or replacing VSTI's. (synthesizer music) And also incorporating effects and methods of using the mix console to your advantage.
Predominantly, throughout this course, we'll be looking at using audio tracks but in addition, we'll look at using midi tracks too to either bring them in as new instruments or as a method of substituting what we've already got. (midi music) Along the way, we're also going to look at composition aids such as the chord track and chord paths. We do have a lot to cover so let's get started.
- Installing and connecting Cubase
- Organizing assets and tracks
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Inserting effects
- Quantizing and processing tracks
- Integrating virtual instruments
- Developing song ideas with chord pads
- Using the Mix Console
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Project Essentials
4. Mix Console
Use metering for export3m 39s
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.