Join Mark Struthers for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving tuning issues with VariAudio, part of Learning Cubase Pro 8.
- You'll remember from an earlier movie…that it's possible to help tuning issues…with monophonic audio recordings…by using a third-party plugin from Antares…called Auto-Tune 8.…Now, that particular plugin can be set…to transparently tune a vocal…or, as is often the case,…to creatively tune a vocal…by making it sound artificial.…Now, I'm only mentioning all this…because Cubase has such technology built in…so that, to be honest, there's really no need…to spend money unnecessarily if you don't wish to.…
The tuning function I'm referring to in Cubase…is called VaryAudio.…I'll get you up and running with it here,…as a flavor of what you can do with it.…Maybe in other courses, we can look at it…in much more detail,…seeing as it is capable of quite a lot…and you can do much more complex things, too.…Anyway, let's run through what we do…when we wish to employ VaryAudio.…Here's our Vocal file, and, in this case,…made up of separate regions.…Owing to that, if I open it up, by double-clicking,…we don't go straight to the Sample Editor.…
- Installing and connecting Cubase
- Organizing assets and tracks
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Inserting effects
- Quantizing and processing tracks
- Integrating virtual instruments
- Developing song ideas with chord pads
- Using the Mix Console
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Project Essentials
4. Mix Console
Use metering for export3m 39s
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.