Join Mark Struthers for an in-depth discussion in this video Forensic audio editing with the Sample Editor, part of Learning Cubase Pro 8.
- You'll remember that we glanced at audio editing functions…in the last movie.…Well, I want to explore these further here.…As we've seen, when looking at the Project Window,…we can make audio edits to our recorded material,…such as cutting, trimming, and fading.…However, this doesn't offer us…forensic audio editing opportunities,…and what I mean by that is…we can't really zoom in to sample level.…Well, to help combat this,…Cubase has two audio editors available to us,…the Sample Editor and the Audio Part Editor.…
I'm going to look at the Sample Editor…specifically here in this movie.…So, what we need to do is first of all,…we need to select the audio from the Project Window,…and then the quickest way to open the Sample Editor…is to double click on our audio event.…Therefore, now what we see here…is this enlarged waveform view…of our audio recording.…At the left hand side,…you'll notice that we have the Audio Sample Inspector,…very similar to the Inspector within the Project Window,…but very specific to audio editing.…
- Installing and connecting Cubase
- Organizing assets and tracks
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Inserting effects
- Quantizing and processing tracks
- Integrating virtual instruments
- Developing song ideas with chord pads
- Using the Mix Console
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Project Essentials
4. Mix Console
Use metering for export3m 39s
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.