Join Mark Struthers for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluating and controlling levels with meters, part of Learning Cubase Pro 8.
- Once you reach the stage whereby…you have recorded all your tracks…and added the VSTIs, et cetera, et cetera,…you'll use the MixConsole to mix your project.…Now, I would say that you'll probably…use your ears 99% of the time when mixing,…but the MixConsole does allow us…to visually focus on the mix, too.…And it does this in a few ways.…Each channel will have a fader, such as this Vocal channel,…that you can raise or lower to adjust its volume.…Clearly, adjusting with the fader, we would be…using our ears to determine the level.…
But also next to the faders, you'll see…the individual level for that particular track.…I'm going to start playback and you'll see what I mean.…Here we go.…(mellow music)…♫ You say you love me but you won't come down…♫ So I'm leavin' tomorrow…♫ You say you love me but you won't come down…♫ So I'm leavin' tomorrow…♫ I'm a traveler…♫ Makin' my way around the world…♫ Every-- ♫…- Okay, now you might've noticed there…a mistake some people make is to get every fader…set so that it peaks just under…
- Installing and connecting Cubase
- Organizing assets and tracks
- Recording audio and MIDI
- Inserting effects
- Quantizing and processing tracks
- Integrating virtual instruments
- Developing song ideas with chord pads
- Using the Mix Console
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Project Essentials
4. Mix Console
Use metering for export3m 39s
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.