Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Update CC apps, part of Learning the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- [Instructor] One of the things that I wanna stress,…and it's a common misconception with Creative Cloud,…is the fact that your Creative-Cloud applications…are not automatically updated when new versions…of products are released.…You are the one who chooses if…and when a product gets updated.…That being said, I think it's important to understand…how to update a Creative-Cloud application…and to be aware of a little gotcha, as well,…when you do perform an update.…So, to run an update on an application,…you can go ahead and open your Creative-Cloud…desktop application, and go to the Apps category…at the top of the window.…
In the case of InDesign here on my computer,…you're gonna notice here that InDesign CC…is indicating that an update is available,…and that's because I currently have a previous version…of the application installed but it's telling me…that there's a new version of the application…and I can update it to install the new version.…I'm gonna go ahead and click on the Update Button.…This is the little gotcha that I want you to be aware of,…
Chad explains how to sign up for Creative Cloud and install programs and updates. He shows how to upload, download, and manage files in the cloud, and reviews the sharing and collaboration workflow. Then he demonstrates how to store and share reusable assets in CC Libraries and explores some additional, lesser-known services, such as Typekit, Adobe Stock, and Adobe Capture. Finally, Chad shows how to use the Creative Cloud and other Adobe mobile apps to take your work anywhere your creativity leads.
- Signing up for Creative Cloud
- Installing Creative Cloud on Mac and Windows
- Installing CC apps
- Working with files
- Creating and sharing CC libraries
- Identifying and saving colors, fonts, and shapes with Adobe Capture
- Creating patterns and brushes with Adobe Capture
- Using the Adobe mobile apps
Skill Level Appropriate for all
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Get Started with the Creative Cloud
2. Work with Desktop Apps
3. Creative Cloud Files
4. Creative Cloud Libraries
5. Creative Cloud Services
6. Adobe Capture
7. Mobile Apps
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.