- Creating basic themes
- Specifying color values
- Saving and editing existing themes
- Searching for existing palettes
- Rating and commenting on themes published by the Kuler community
- Accessing Kuler forums
- Downloading the Kuler mobile app
- Creating a theme with your camera
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello there! My name is Justin Seeley, and I'm a Staff Author here at Lynda dot com. I'd like to welcome you to Kuler Essential Training. If you're a designer looking for inspiration or colors for your next project, or if you're simply color-obsessed and love to create rich and engaging palettes for various purposes, Kuler is a great community that allows you to do just that. In this course, I'll be walking you through using the all new Kuler web interface, which saw a refresh with Adobe's new Creative Cloud platform. Fro there, we'll talk about creating your own custom color themes, by using the color wheel to pick and choose all of your different colors.
I'll also show you how to work with color rules to dial in that perfect hue or shade you're looking for. I'll also show you how to name, tag and save your themes so that you can use them in your design projects going forward. From there we'll be focusing on the mobile experience with Kuler, where I'll show you how to use Adobe's all new mobile application, which allows you to capture, edit and save color themes while you're on the go. Kuler is a great community for color enthusiasts and it's my go-to place to find color inspiration for all my design projects.
Hopefully, by the end of this course, you'll be able to say the same thing. All right, let's go ahead and begin our look at Kuler Essential Training.
Q: This course was updated on 09/04/2014. What changed?
A: We added one movie on the new Kuler panel in Photoshop CC.