Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore Typekit, part of Learning the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- [Instructor] As a Creative Cloud subscriber,…you're provided with access to the Typekit library of fonts…which includes more than 5700 desktop fonts,…and 7500 web fonts for you to choose from…and use at a moments notice.…The plan included with the Creative Cloud subscription…is the portfolio plan,…and Typekit is integrated into the…Adobe desktop applications,…so let's take a closer look at how…you can take advantage of them in your own projects.…
Now, the first method I'm going to show you is that if…you open up a document that contains missing fonts, OK…so, in the 0501 folder, I'm going to go ahead…and double-click on the LM_Magazine InDesign document,…and when I open this, I'm going to get…a missing fonts dialog box,…now, most of us have all seen this…at some point in our careers here,…and it's very common to be missing fonts…when you open up a project.…Now what makes Typekit fonts unique and…in this particular project we have used…exclusively Typekit fonts,…and one of the things that you need to be aware of…
Chad explains how to sign up for Creative Cloud and install programs and updates. He shows how to upload, download, and manage files in the cloud, and reviews the sharing and collaboration workflow. Then he demonstrates how to store and share reusable assets in CC Libraries and explores some additional, lesser-known services, such as Typekit, Adobe Stock, and Adobe Capture. Finally, Chad shows how to use the Creative Cloud and other Adobe mobile apps to take your work anywhere your creativity leads.
- Signing up for Creative Cloud
- Installing Creative Cloud on Mac and Windows
- Installing CC apps
- Working with files
- Creating and sharing CC libraries
- Identifying and saving colors, fonts, and shapes with Adobe Capture
- Creating patterns and brushes with Adobe Capture
- Using the Adobe mobile apps
Skill Level Appropriate for all
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Get Started with the Creative Cloud
2. Work with Desktop Apps
3. Creative Cloud Files
4. Creative Cloud Libraries
5. Creative Cloud Services
6. Adobe Capture
7. Mobile Apps
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.