Emmanuel Henri shows you how the Duplicate tool works. He demonstrates how to duplicate the friends list, and how then the data is automatically updated.
- [Instructor] As you work on your prototype and fine tune your design, you may want to replicate a specific item across multiple lines, like our friends list screen, for example. That's where the duplicate tool comes into play. Let me show you. This would be a good time to start grouping things, so I want to make sure that before I duplicate a specific item, I have my items grouped on my hardboard. Let's go ahead and do that. Make sure all these except the big rectangle is all grouped, so I have all these items grouped, there you go.
I'm going to call item, like so. The way you duplicate items across, very easily, and you'll see it's very smart because it's going to change the picture, the name, the address and the phone number as it duplicates the item across your list. Let's go ahead and click on the duplicate tool and you can duplicate vertically and horizontally. If you had, for example, a square item or a grid that you want to replicate also horizontally, you could do that as well.
I'll just show you, if I replicate five items like so, it's going to replicate these below but I could also replicate horizontally. In my case, I don't need it, but I could do that as well so I'll just show you the example and then duplicate content and you'll see that there's content here. We don't want to do that, so let's go back to zero. I'll just undo instead.
There we go, let's just go ahead and undo up until we are at just five, there we go. Just below the actual number of times you want to replicate your item, you have a gutter. The gutter is the space in between each item. I already did my designs in a way that I could calculate the amount of space in between, so if you needed to add a gutter, these can be added very easily and you could put 10 for example, and this is pixels.
You can also use the slider if you want and see the results right away like so. In my case, I don't need a gutter, so I'm good to go with what I just did. Perfect, so duplicating your items across your prototype with Craft is quick and easy.
- Using Craft with Sketch and Photoshop
- Inserting information with the Data tool
- Inserting commercial images with the Stock tool
- Using the Duplicate tool
- Working with the Library tool
- Using Freehand for commenting on the prototype
- Using the Prototype tool to add interactions