Emmanuel Henri briefly demonstrates the Craft tool with both Sketch and Photoshop. He also goes through the Craft tools.
- [Instructor] In this course we'll use the integration with Sketch on Mac. However, the Craft tool is almost the same for Photoshop. As mentioned in the previous video, you have all the tools on the sidebar here, so you have the sync tool, library, data, duplicate, free hand, and stock, and at the bottom you have the prototype tool. Okay, so let's switch to Photoshop. On Photoshop you have nothing from the Craft sidebar yet, so the only things that you're seeing on the sidebar is, history and device preview, and that has nothing to do with Craft.
So the way to add the buttons from Craft is to go to the window, and then Extensions, and then you have all the tools that comes with Craft, so you have data, duplicate, freehand, stock, and sync. There are only two tools that you don't have access on the Photoshop version of Craft. It's library, and the prototype tools. So if you want to skip those videos when we get to those subjects, feel free to do so. So let's go ahead and add them, so you click on Data, and you have to do it for every single one of them.
So the order of the icons in Photoshop is not the same as Sketch, and it depends on how you click on them, if you follow the same process that I just did, it's primarily the same, so if you want, you could do two things, keep them the same way, or move them in the right order. So let's go ahead and move them, so it helps you follow along. So let's move the Sync first. And then, I believe, it's the Data. Then Duplicate. And then you have the Stock class.
And then you have Freehand, so we're in the right order, right now. So, like I mentioned before, you don't have the Prototype tool, and the Library tool on this one, but you should be good with those, in this order. So if you want to do the Prototype directly in the online version of Envision app, you can do so, but you can't do it directly in Photoshop as of now. So as you can see, feel free to select the tool of your choice, but for the rest of this course, we'll continue in Sketch.
- Using Craft with Sketch and Photoshop
- Inserting information with the Data tool
- Inserting commercial images with the Stock tool
- Using the Duplicate tool
- Working with the Library tool
- Using Freehand for commenting on the prototype
- Using the Prototype tool to add interactions