Join Scott Georgeson for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Combine and Break Apart, part of CorelDRAW Essential Training.
- View Offline
We are now on page 32 of your working file, Combine and Break Apart.…This is one of those lessons that, well, you may need to come back to it over time;…a lot of people get confused about the subject of Combine.…Now, combining an object is just nothing like grouping an object and that's the…thing that needs to be set upfront.…We have two objects here;…the orangey color ellipse or circle and the white circle in front.…These two, as you can see up here, are grouped together.…
I can ungroup them and I have two objects.…However if I take these two objects and I combine them, once you have two…objects selected, as with Group, you can right click and choose Combine or…Ctrl+L or straight up here on the Property bar, you can combine. See there? …I have got the option to group, but also to combine.…Now, when I combine, what happens is they joined together, become one object and…I can actually see through.…
See the difference?…Really big difference between Combine and Group, isn't there?…Ctrl+Z, I'll undo that.…
This course was created by Scott Georgeson. We're honored to host his tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Understanding vector and bitmap images
- Working with multipage projects
- Using independent per-page layers and guides
- Drawing and editing shapes, lines, curves, and tables
- Creating and using symbols
- Working with text
- Designing a business card
- Shaping, filling, blending, and extruding objects
- Importing and exporting other file types
- Customizing the workspace, menus, toolbars, and palettes