Join Scott Georgeson for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Pick tool, part of CorelDRAW Essential Training.
- View Offline
We're now on page 12 of your working file, the Pick tool.…Of course, the Pick tool, in very many ways, is the most important tool, because you…use it to select things, move things, choose tools, etcetera.…So whenever you see the arrow, you have what we call the Pick tool.…I have mentioned this before, but I will highlight it again:…when you select an alternate tool, and then tap the spacebar, it automatically…goes back to the Pick tool.…So no matter what tool you have, tap the spacebar, and automatically, it will…go back to the Pick tool.…
Now, the main reason I have created a lesson about the Pick tool is there is a…couple of unique features about it that a lot of people don't understand, that…really affect the way you work. Here they are.…The Pick tool selects objects.…How do you do that?…Simply click an object.…Well, this is what we would call an ellipse.…It has a blackout line, and a red fill.…I can click anywhere on that to select the ellipse, as you can see.…Here I have a rectangle, with curved corners, or rounded corners if you like, and…
This course was created by Scott Georgeson. We're honored to host his tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Understanding vector and bitmap images
- Working with multipage projects
- Using independent per-page layers and guides
- Drawing and editing shapes, lines, curves, and tables
- Creating and using symbols
- Working with text
- Designing a business card
- Shaping, filling, blending, and extruding objects
- Importing and exporting other file types
- Customizing the workspace, menus, toolbars, and palettes