Join Scott Georgeson for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the stacking order, part of CorelDRAW Essential Training.
We are now on the Page 20 of your working file, the subject of stacking order,…and this is a very important subject, so do spend some time here, because this…will really affect your ability to design over time.…Now, first of all, I am going to simply select my Rectangle tool, and then I'm…going to click on a color.…Now click; don't worry about that. We'll discuss that later. Click OK.…Now, the reason I've done this is so that when I draw a rectangle, it has that…blue color in it automatically.…
So I am going to click and drag, and click and drag, and you notice every time…I create a new rectangle, automatically that rectangle is over the top of the last rectangle.…Well, that is what we call the stacking order.…CorelDRAW automatically creates the stacking order for you.…Always the last object you create is at the top of the stacking order, and of…course, the first object is at the bottom of the stacking order.…
But as we design, we will want to change the order of objects to suit our…design, and that is really very much what this lesson is about; how to alter and…
This course was created by Scott Georgeson. We're honored to host his tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Understanding vector and bitmap images
- Working with multipage projects
- Using independent per-page layers and guides
- Drawing and editing shapes, lines, curves, and tables
- Creating and using symbols
- Working with text
- Designing a business card
- Shaping, filling, blending, and extruding objects
- Importing and exporting other file types
- Customizing the workspace, menus, toolbars, and palettes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Working with new documents3m 45s
2. Working with Pages and Dockers
3. Importing and Exporting Files
4. Viewing Options
5. Working with Objects
6. Undo, Redo, and Stacking Order
7. Using the Drawing Tools in a Business Card Project
8. Working with Artistic Text
9. How to Duplicate and Align Multiple Objects
10. Should I Group or Combine Objects?
11. Working with Color
12. Working with Outline Types and Color
13. Welding, Trimming, and Intersecting Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.