Join Scott Georgeson for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding page setup, part of CorelDRAW Essential Training.
- View Offline
We're going to quickly look at page setup.…Now, the best way to look at this is simply to start a brand new document, so…I'll come up here, and I'll choose New Document.…Well, the Create a New Document dialog comes up, and of course, all the…parameters we can see here will affect the size of our page.…As you can see, I can change from my default to an alternate page size if I want.…I can manually type in a Size;…I can choose my Primary color mode. Just quickly on that,…if you're sending your design to a professional printer, you will most likely…want to work in CMYK mode.…
And usually your local Inkjet printer does a fairly good job of CMYK as well.…If you know you need an RGB output, which would be something like a wide format…printer, or you might have a specific printer that simply works better with RGB,…you would choose the RGB color mode.…But for most things you'll work with, CMYK will be what you choose.…The Rendering resolution will affect things like drop shadows, and things that…Corel makes for you on the fly when you begin to work with effects, and we'll work…
This course was created by Scott Georgeson. We're honored to host his tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Understanding vector and bitmap images
- Working with multipage projects
- Using independent per-page layers and guides
- Drawing and editing shapes, lines, curves, and tables
- Creating and using symbols
- Working with text
- Designing a business card
- Shaping, filling, blending, and extruding objects
- Importing and exporting other file types
- Customizing the workspace, menus, toolbars, and palettes