Join Scott Georgeson for an in-depth discussion in this video Skewing objects, part of CorelDRAW Essential Training.
- View Offline
We're now on page 18 of your working file, the subject of skewing.…Now, as I said in the previous lesson, when you select an object, click again,…you get the four rotation handles, but you also have these side handles, which…we call skew handles.…And really what they do is they allow you to literally skew.…So imagine the bottom of the piece of text is fixed.…When I click on the top skew handle, and I move to the right, as you can see,…the bottom is fixed, and I'm able to lean to the left, or to the right, and we call that skewing.…
If I hold my finger on Control, in that same way we saw with rotation, 15 degree…increments, which can make it easy.…Now, the thing is that whenever you work with text a lot, some text doesn't…have italics available.…If I click, for example, Italicize there, it very much looks like a skew, doesn't it?…I'll quickly undo that.…You may find that you want more skew, and that's why you will use it, or more of…the sense of italicizing.…So again, simply click, if you hold your finger on Control, well, you know…
This course was created by Scott Georgeson. We're honored to host his tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Understanding vector and bitmap images
- Working with multipage projects
- Using independent per-page layers and guides
- Drawing and editing shapes, lines, curves, and tables
- Creating and using symbols
- Working with text
- Designing a business card
- Shaping, filling, blending, and extruding objects
- Importing and exporting other file types
- Customizing the workspace, menus, toolbars, and palettes