Join Scott Georgeson for an in-depth discussion in this video Sizing objects, part of CorelDRAW Essential Training.
- View Offline
We are now on Page 15 of your working file, the subject of sizing, or we could…call it resizing if you like.…Well basically, whenever you select an object, whether it be a piece of text, or…an object down here, on the property bar here, varying properties about that…object will be displayed. In this case, we can see the typeface, point size, but…we can also see the horizontal length and height. So 100 millimeters wide, which…is about 4 inches, and 25 millimeters high, which is about 1 inch.…
We can manually type some values in here if we need to, or the way you'll most of…the time work is to work with the options you can see here, and that is that you…select your object, and the resizing handles appear around the outside.…There are two types.…In each corner, we have the scaling handles.…In other words, if I click on one of those corner handles, and I begin to drag…out or inward, as you can see, the piece of text is resizing perfectly. In other…words, the relationship between the horizontal and the vertical remains the same.…
This course was created by Scott Georgeson. We're honored to host his tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Understanding vector and bitmap images
- Working with multipage projects
- Using independent per-page layers and guides
- Drawing and editing shapes, lines, curves, and tables
- Creating and using symbols
- Working with text
- Designing a business card
- Shaping, filling, blending, and extruding objects
- Importing and exporting other file types
- Customizing the workspace, menus, toolbars, and palettes