Join Scott Georgeson for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring examples using Weld, Trim, and Intersect, part of CorelDRAW Essential Training.
- View Offline
We are continuing on Page 36 of your working file, the subject of…Weld/Trim/Intersect.…I am just going to show you a few more creative ways that you can utilize these tools.…So selecting this sunset bitmap, maybe a photograph you've imported or brought…in from a particular clipart.…I am going to type the text SUNSET and we will expand that up in size and I…might make it yellow in color, so we can see it.…Pop it on here and also I'd rather go with real bold font like Arial Black.…
Place that there and I am just going to stretch it type-wise a little.…Now if I simply select these two what do you think will happen when I click Trim?…What's going to happen is that the source object, being the one on top will be…used as a cookie cutter to cut out that shape in the photographic image.…So it's actually see-through as you can see.…And that can be quite handy for some special effects that you may need to…create in the future.…Now if I simply select both and this time I choose Intersect, what do you think will happen?…
This course was created by Scott Georgeson. We're honored to host his tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Understanding vector and bitmap images
- Working with multipage projects
- Using independent per-page layers and guides
- Drawing and editing shapes, lines, curves, and tables
- Creating and using symbols
- Working with text
- Designing a business card
- Shaping, filling, blending, and extruding objects
- Importing and exporting other file types
- Customizing the workspace, menus, toolbars, and palettes