Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video The quantitative content audit, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- [Voiceover] Whether you're starting a new project…or reworking an existing one, a quantitative content audit…should be a primary focus as the project gets rolling.…A quantitative content audit is quite…literally a tally of every piece of content…that exists or will exist in the project.…In the content audit each piece of content…is listed along with relevant metadata to form…a clear picture of what exists, what needs to be created,…and who is responsible for each item.…This data typically goes into a spreadsheet…for easy access and analysis.…
The quantitative content audit spreadsheet is made up of a…series of columns, each representing an important…and relevant piece of information.…The exact columns to go into any one audit…will depend on the project but there are…some columns that pretty much always make it in.…I provided a baseline template for a quantitative content…audit spreadsheet in the exercise files for this course.…This template is for a granular content audit where each…view or page may contain multiple individual components.…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.