Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video The qualitative content audit, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- [Voiceover] Once you have all the content mapped out,…it's time to take a closer look at each individual piece.…This is what's known as the qualitative content audit.…Here, you're judging the quality of each piece of content…and also making sure your content doesn't have any gaps.…The qualitative content audit is an ongoing process…that you'll circle back to…throughout the initial content production process…and also as the project goes live.…Whereas the quantitative content audit was focused…on listing out every piece of content in the project,…the qualitative content audit dives into each piece…to make sure it stands up to scrutiny.…
For each piece of content, ask these questions:…does it meet the project goals?…Is it communicating what we intended to communicate?…Is it useful?…Does it have a purpose…and is that purpose meaningful to the audience?…Is it audience-centered?…Does the content provide the audience…with something they need or have use of?…Can the audience understand the content…and figure out its context and use?…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.