Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video A holistic approach to content strategy, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- In creating this content, I was trying to find…a visual aid that would help make sense of the process…of building a content strategy for a project.…The most obvious solution was some sort of circle…or circular track with multiple lanes,…but that didn't really convey the message the right way.…In the end, I settled on a rolling ball…comprising multiple layers.…I call this the ball of content strategy,…and it illustrates in a practical way the most important…notion I want to convey on this topic.…Content strategy is a holistic endeavor.…
Just like a rolling ball, the center,…the people, their motivations and goals,…always stay in the center,…and everything else revolves around them.…And just like a rolling ball,…the further out from the center you get,…the more motion and flux you'll experience.…Any time the ball dents or deflects,…it has an impact on the whole structure, not just a surface.…And if you take any part of the ball out,…the whole structure collapses.…I want you to think of this ball as we move our way through…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.