Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Workflows, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- [Voiceover] Great content is rarely created…by a single person and managing large volumes…of content requires well crafted work flows.…When content is created and managed,…it's not enough to focus on the content…and it's quality alone.…You also have to consider the time it takes,…the costs involved and the people doing the work.…At a high level, establishing effective content workflows…starts with a series of questions.…Who is creating the content?…Who is editing that content?…Who is approving the content?…Where is the content added?…How is the content added?…How adds the content?…Who publishes the content?…And who manages the content once it's been published?…When creating workflows,…start by documenting existing workflows…through interviews and observations…of the content creation process.…
Once you have a clear picture of how content is created,…draw a flow chart and invite the content creators…and managers to provide input.…More than likely, the act of mapping out the workflows…will unveil inefficiencies or bottlenecks…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.