Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Who creates the content?, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- At the end of the content strategy process,…we're shifting our focus from the…theoretical elements to the more practical ones,…and among these, the one that typically stands out…the most is the question of who creates the content.…Traditionally for companies that are…not producing content as part of their business,…content creation for publication is handled…by the marketing or sales department.…This makes some sense because these are…the employees who deal with outwards communication…about the company.…However, in our modern information landscape,…marketing and sales information cannot be…the backbone of your content strategy.…
To produce content that is meaningful…to your audience and brings them to…your products and services,…you need to speak to them at a deeper level.…A good place to start this conversation…is by asking the question:…what are we doing with our content?…If the project consists of creating an online storefront…for basic products, simple product information…and some marketing materials will do nicely.…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.