Develop a content strategy that translates into a better user experience. Learn how to build user persona spectrums, content guidelines, and more meaningful content for websites and apps.
- Hello, and welcome to Foundations of UX: Content Strategy. My name is Morten Rand-Hendriksen, and I'm here as your guide to the weird and wonderful world of content strategy. Whether you're building a micro-site for a small business or giving the web presence of a Fortune 500 company a complete overall, the process starts with getting a solid understanding of what you want to communicate, who you want to commuincate it to, and what tools you'll use to make this communication happen. All this and more falls under the umbrella of content strategy, and in this course, I'll give you a full overview of what it is, why it matters, and how to get the process started.
To start off, we'll discuss what content strategy is and get an overview of how we'll approach it in this course. Then, we'll dive into content strategy proper, covering the four main elements of the process, people, motivations and goals, substance and structure, guides, templates and workflows, and finally, creation and management. Content strategy sits at the core of any publishing project and is an integral part of modern business.
A great content strategy will pay for itself many times over, both today and in the future, and I'm here to show you how to do it right. So let's get cracking with Foundations of UX: Content Strategy.
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success