Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Voice and tone, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- My voice is an important part of my identity,…and my tone can tell you whether I'm serious,…joking, stern, or playful.…And just like people,…content has bold voice and tone…that provides extra information…and sets a scene and a context…for what is being communicated.…When we talk about voice and tone…in relation to content strategy,…the main focus is on authenticity and consistency.…The voice and tone of a company or an organization…must match the personality and attitude of that company.…
Otherwise it will come off as disingenuous or forced,…or even fake.…To see how voice and tone works,…let's look at the About pages for two different airlines,…Air Canada, and WestJet.…Air Canada first.…"Air Canada is Canada's largest full-service airline…and the largest provider of scheduled passenger services…in the Canadian market, the Canada-U.S. transborder market,…and in the international market to and from Canada.…Together with its Air Canada Express regional partners,…and leisure carrier Air Canada Rouge,…Air Canada serves over 38 million passengers annually…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.