Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding context, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- Context is an incredibly important and interesting…concept, especially when it comes to communication.…In simplified terms, context is, as it relates…to content strategy, is the circumstances…that form the setting for an event, statement,…or idea from which it can be fully understood and assessed.…This definition immediately begs several…questions when it comes to publishing content.…What context is the publisher in when they…create the content, and what context do they assume…the audience is in when they access that content?…What context is the audience actually in…and will their understanding of the content change…based on either of these contexts?…To see what I mean, consider the situation…we are in right now.…
You see me standing in a room with the glass wall…on my right, and a piece of art behind me.…This is a context you perceive me in.…Meanwhile, my actual context is standing…in a large sound-stage with cameras and lights…pointing at my face while I'm reading from a teleprompter.…There's no window over here, and there's no art behind me,…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.