Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Substance and structure, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- With a solid understanding of the people…that make up the target audience for the project,…it's time to start thinking about the content itself.…In this chapter, we'll focus on the questions,…what, how, where and with what?…What we're really talking about at this stage…is substance and structure.…What are we publishing?…The content itself or the substance.…And how, where and with what are we publishing it?…The structure.…In this stage of the process,…we're building a new layer on our ball…that wraps around the core of people, motivations and goals.…
This layer has two parts.…First, analyze new and existing content…to make sure the substance of the project…meets the motivations and goals…of stakeholders and their audience,…and second, create a map of the content…that needs to be written and produced,…along with the structures to present the content…in the easiest, most accessible and most meaningful way.…In this process, we'll use the personas and empathy maps…as a foundation to map out content, information architecture…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.