Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Style guides, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- [Voiceover] Style guides are a part of content strategy…that overlaps closely with user experience and design,…as well as voice and tone.…The overall look and feel of a content…has a significant impact on how the content is perceived,…and when matched with voice and tone,…we get a coherent experience that feels natural…to the intended audience.…In the context of content strategy,…a style guide goes beyond color swatches and font examples…to include text, image, audio and video samples…that provide a detailed blueprint for how content…should be written and presented.…
It is, for all intents and purposes,…the manual for content creation…and ensures every price of content created…matches the overall look, feel…and experience of the project.…Style guides are as unique as the companies…and organizations they belong to,…and the best way to get familiar with the concept…is to check out several guides on how they're built.…A great place to start is the website styleguides.io…and its examples library that links to hundreds…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.