Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Scenarios and activity flows, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- [Voiceover] Once personas and content audits…are established, user scenarios…and activity flows can be explored.…Their purpose is to establish when the audience…access the content, why they are there…and what they want to accomplish…and how to get them through the experience…in the most effective way possible.…Both scenarios and activity flows…can vary greatly depending on the type…of project you're working on.…For an eCommerce solution, scenarios may range from…casually browsing for a possible future purchase…to "Must buy this thing immediately."…or "Can I pick this up in a nearby store?"…to "Was this the thing my friend said…they wanted for their birthday?"…For a site containing mostly information,…scenarios could be anything from,…"I followed this link from social media…and want to read the article,"…to, "I saw this URL on the back of a bus…and wonder what services you provide,"…or "I did a Google search and ended up here. Now what?"…Each of these scenarios can describe…the same user with different motivations and expectations…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.