- [Voiceover] If we start with the origin of the content,…we find the project stakeholders.…These are all the people who literally…have a stake in the project, either as owners,…managers, creators, or maintainers.…Getting a firm grip on the stakeholders…will help ensure a successful project.…The goal of talking to stakeholders…is to get a clear answer to these three questions.…What message are we communicating?…What does success mean for this project?…And how do we set realistic, measurable goals?…The best way to go about this process…is through project research and stakeholder interviews.…
First, educate yourself on the overall project…and its stated goals through…whatever information is available.…What is the project, company, organization,…or business all about?…What are their motivations and goals?…How do we measure value?…Next, perform stakeholder interviews…to get a better understanding of the people involved.…Ideally, you'll talk to people from all facets…of the organization, management all the way out…to the people who work directly with materials…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.