Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Guides, templates, and workflows, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- A content strategy stands and falls on how easy and effective it is. Creating and maintaining content should be an expedient and cost-effective process that is easy to get into and understand for everyone involved. Make it too complex, too time consuming, or too expensive, and it will be left by the way-sight. In this chapter, we'll focus on how to create guides, templates, and workflows that make the implementation of a content strategy as streamlined as possible. To do so, we'll focus on the questions how, where, and with what.
In this stage of the process, we're beginning to look at the actual frameworks and guidelines that will exist for content creation and management. Using everything we've learned up until this point about the audience and content, we can start establishing guidelines for what the content should sound and look like, templates for content creation, and workflows that ensure content is created and maintained in a timely manner. This new layer in our ball builds on the analysis and structure already established.
It's imperative that content creators, designers, and developers are included throughout this stage of the process. Their input will help guide the content strategy to ensure it meets the needs of the people that will use it, as well as the needs of the content and its audience.
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success