Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Governance and ownership, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- If I told you the avocado is fruit,…you're likely going to Google it,…because as far as you know, the source, me,…is not an authority on the differences…between fruits and vegetables.…Whether it's a product, a press release,…or tweet from a corporate account,…the governance and ownership of content matters.…Knowing who content came from…and who stands behind it, plays a big part…in our decision to trust it our not.…It also plays a big part in the creation of the content.…
In this chapter, we'll look at the creation…and management of content, focusing on the questions,…who, when, how often, and what next.…Starting with the question who owns the content?…Looking at the work flows established…in the previous chapter, you'll see there are various…roles involved in the creation of a piece of content.…First, someone has an idea.…Then, someone decides time and money should be invested…in making content to represent this idea.…
Then, someone creates the content.…Someone edits the content.…Someone approves the content.…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.