Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Extend personas with empathy maps, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- The empathy map is a great tool…to deepen your understanding of your personas…by placing them in the context of their surroundings.…Creating an empathy map is also a great group exercise…for the entire content team to…get to know the target audience.…To create an empathy map,…you simply draw out this diagram on a whiteboard…or a large sheet of paper…and then you map out what the persona thinks and feels,…sees, says and does, and hears,…as well as their pains and gains.…The actual process is pretty much akin…to a brainstorming exercise where you simply…think of a persona and then the whole team…starts throwing out ideas about…what the person thinks and feels.…
So, if we take my example of a site…that serves people who are looking for personal trainers.…What would someone who is looking…for a personal trainer think or feel?…Well, they would be confused by all the options…and excited because they're endeavoring on training.…Then they'd also want to find the right solution…and be concerned about getting the wrong solution.…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.