Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Examples and templates, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- [Voiceover] One effective way to make it easier…for content creators to follow the content strategy…is by providing examples of common content types…and templates to simplify content creation.…A content strategy is often codified…into a large document used by many people…throughout the organization,…but the majority of these people…will not have the time to either read…the content strategy in detail…or seek out help from someone who knows it by heart.…For the content strategy to be successful,…it has to be understood and followed by everyone,…and it's a good idea to invest…time and energy in making this as easy as possible,…and that's where examples and templates come in handy.…
In a typical content strategy document,…the examples are either added where…specific principles are introduced,…or as a separate section that can be easily…navigated to find relevant information.…Looking at the style guides mentioned…in the previous movie, you'll see that many…of them provide detailed examples along with…the rules and frameworks to make it easier…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.