Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Develop fact-based personas, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- Although it would be great to have full…and constant access to your target audience…throughout the project,…this is neither practical nor realistic.…To provide points of reference…for the different types of people in the target audience…and keep them front and mind throughout the project,…we develop what's known as personas.…These are archetypal descriptions of people,…complete with names and attributes,…that encompass the common attributes and qualities…of different groups within the target audience.…Traditionally, personas have been developed…to represent people in an ideal context…and state for accessing the content.…
But in the past few years,…a more nuanced approach has been established…where persona spectrums are developed…to represent the same person…in different contexts and situations.…This is done to ensure the personas more accurately…reflect real people and their real lives…and real challenges…and real changing environments.…When making a persona, it's vital to base it…on real data from real people.…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.