Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Core resource: An example project, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- To anchor the concepts covered in this course to concrete examples, I've created a project that we'll visit throughout. The project is a website called Core Resource, providing information about professional and personal trainers offering various services to individuals and companies. On the site, trainers and companies can register to be listed in a directory, and visitors can find the directory as well as news, tips and tricks, and recipes for healthy living. This example project poses many of the challenges a new web-based service faces, and the project files will showcase how content strategy can be used to solve these challenges.
The project files are provided as practical examples for the theoretical concepts you'll learn about in the following chapters, and for each project file you'll find a corresponding template file you can use to create content strategies for your own project. When looking at the project files and templates, it's important to remember every project is unique, and so is every content strategy. What I'm offering is neither exhaustive nor absolute, but rather suggestions and inspirations. As you create your own content strategies, you'll find tools and techniques that work for you and your project.
You'll make changes to some templates, find others unnecessary, even make your own, and all that's okay. Content strategy works best when it's personalized and customized for each individual project and the people who work on it. So check out the files provided with this course, and in the next chapters we'll dive into the concepts and techniques used to build them.
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success