Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Content strategy for the people, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- At the core of content strategy we find the message…created by people and meant to be understood by people.…To create a successful content strategy we first have to…understand these people, their motivations and their goals.…In this chapter, we'll focus on the questions,…why?…What?…For whom?…In what context?…To start, let's realign how we think about the different…individuals and groups that will interact with the content.…When working on any kind of customer or audience facing…project, it's east to fall into the trap of thinking of…those who access the content as users.…
This mythical user is usually some sort of idealized person…with infinite time, and patience, and knowledge,…a person about as far from reality as we can get.…From here on forward, I want you to get rid of the notion of…the user and start thinking of them instead as people.…People are unique individuals, infinitely complex…and perplexing, infinitely interesting,…surprising and ingenuous.…In this chapter I'll introduce you to methodologies…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.