Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Content models, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- [Voiceover] Your project more than likely has…more than one type of contents.…A typical web-based publication has at least…three content models, static pages, blog or…news posts, and fillable forms.…Mapping out these content models is an important part…of the content strategy process.…This helps identify what content fits in each content…model bucket and builds bridges between content…creators, designers, and developers as the content…moves from early stage drafts to publication.…The content model breaks large views of content…down into their individual parts and maps out the types…of content collected and displayed for each model.…
To see how this works, let's look at an example.…For an e-commerce site, one of the content models is the…product, each product will be displayed with the same…collection of data and much of this data is only…relevant in a product view, not a blog view…or a legal page or anywhere else.…To create the content model, first write down all the…different pieces of content that may need to be…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.