Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Budgeting and advocacy, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- It goes without saying,…that great content does not come free.…But, in many organizations, content creation,…especially for soft purposes,…like publishing on the website,…is under-valued and under-funded.…I can't tell you how many times I've heard stories…of companies where the website is considered…a side project for marketing.…When establishing a content strategy,…it's imperative that proper funding…is part of the conversation from day one.…Great content is an investment in the future,…now more than ever.…
And like any vital part of an organization or a company,…it needs proper funding and staffing.…Returning to my analogy from earlier in the course,…content strategy is a rolling ball…that follows the path of the organization.…To keep the ball rolling, make the content strategy…an integral part of the overall business strategy.…One key step in this process, is to make…both the content strategy and ongoing content work…both transparent and visible to all levels of management.…When the people in charge of budgets and financing…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.