Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Analysis and structure for the project, part of UX Foundations: Content Strategy.
- [Voiceover] The analysis and structure stage…of the content strategy process produces a large…volume of data that will become invaluable…as your project progresses and matures.…For a core resource, the resulting data can be found…in the Inventory, Models, and Personas spreadsheet…and the Visuals slide deck.…For a core resource I started by mapping out…a complete content inventory through a…quantitative content audit.…Because the project is relatively small,…I created a granular audit that breaks down…individual views or pages into their individual components.…
This allows me to identify content types…and models within the inventory, which will become useful…when the actual views are designed and developed.…You'll notice that for complex views like the Home View,…I've broken them into component base lists.…While basic views like Find your trainer…and FAQ appear as single line entries.…Also note that each view, like Home here,…has a primary owner, and if there are sub-components,…they may be owned by other contributors to ensure the same…
Learn the four elements of constructing meaningful content, from identifying your audience and structuring and wireframing content to developing content guidelines and measuring the success of your efforts. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen also shows you how to develop persona spectrums to better understand your users and evaluate the needs of important stakeholders and influencers.
- What is content?
- The components of content strategy
- Identifying stakeholders and audience
- Developing user persona spectrums
- Auditing your content
- Building guides, templates, and workflows
- Creating the content
- Measuring success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Content Strategy: An Introduction
2. The Content Strategy Process
3. Users, Motivations, and Goals
4. Analysis and Structure
5. Guides, Templates, and Workflows
6. Creation and Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.